White Rabbit Press Kanji Flash Cards

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Study Japanese!

To Study Japanese! Especially for Westerners it’s not an obvious thing to do. Japanese is regarded as one of the most difficult languages to master, with thousands of Chinese characters to memorize and subtle honorifics that need years of study to understand. It is not surprizing that even foreigners living in Japan often give up on mastering Japanese.

Yet, my personal experience is quite different. After about 2 years in Japan my conversations with my Japanese friends were 100% in Japanese. In 3 years time I was ready to start reading Japanese novels… in Japanese. I read close to 10 novels in Japanese last year.

Somewhere my way of studying Japanese must have been different (better?) than that of other people.

In this blog I want to introduce some ways of studying Japanese that I used, with attention on textbooks, dictionaries, other study material, and strategies in general. I would be happy if I could help a some people with their study, because after all I have found Japanese a beautiful and fascinating language to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment